Boo-yah! I have just been awarded my first Travel Blog Award. I’m very excited to be nominated by a kick-ass travel blogger Tyler Janeé. For all my suave goddesses, this is your go-to girl for all things solo. Check her out at ELSEWHERE with Tyler Janeé.
After a full year of travel blogging across Asia and the U.S.A, I’m very excited to dive deeper into the blogging community and help other travelers find ethical, responsible travel opportunities around the world. Thanks again to Tyler for the nomination!
What’s a Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning ‘endearing’ or ‘beloved’. The Liebster Award is an award to young, upcoming travel blogs, aiming to integrate them into the larger blogger community.The Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community. Because I have accepted my nomination, I have agreed to answer a set of interview questions from ELSEWHERE with Tyler Janeé.
Interview Me Cap’n!
1. What is the tastiest food you have tried during your travels?
I’m such an inner glutton, it’s hard to choose just one meal. I fell for ‘papinsu’ in South Korea: a tasty ice & red bean dish covered with sweet condensed milk! (mmmmmm!!)
2. Which country surprised you the most?
Cambodia! I was blown away by the beautiful beaches of Koh Rong, and I couldn’t get enough of the street food in Phnom Penh. Everyone I met was extremely polite and kind. Ankor Wat blew my mind; I loved every minute of exploration there.
3. What is your most used app for travel?
I use DuoLingo, and Picture Dictionary the most. The dictionary is extremely useful for finding hard-to-describe items, and DuoLingo has been quite the help learning useful phrases and words abroad.
4. When did you become a travel blogger and why?
I began travel blogging in November 2015 while Teaching in Japan. At first, I loved telling others the awesomeness I was experiencing in Japan (I still feel nostalgic about leaving….), but now, I focus on helping travelers find resources to be most eco-friendly travelers.
5. What are 5 songs on your traveling playlist?
- Jai Wolf – Indian Summer
- Hippie Sabotage – Drifter
- Thomas Jack – Atlas Hands
- Milky Chance – Down By The River
- *Kygo Tropical House Mixes*
6. Have you ever lived abroad? If so, where? If not, would you?
I have lived in Nagoya and Tokyo, Japan.
If I had the opportunity, I would jump for the chance to live in Brazil or Argentina!
7. If you were given 4 tickets to any destination in the world, who would you take and where would you go?
This would be so much simpler if it were just 4 different destinations! (Kidding!) I would love the opportunity to take my sisters and mother to Cuba.
8. What’s your 2016 New Year’s Resolution?
I’m looking forward to practicing more mindfulness. 2017 will be a judgement-free zone, and all about personal development.
9. What was your favorite blog post you wrote?
The Great Us Vs Them: Musings about the Great Wall of China
10. Who is one of your favorite travel bloggers and why?
The Young Adventuress is my hero. I love her witty, don’t-give-a-f*** style of blogging. One day, I hope someone will pay me to curse on the internet.
Trails Without Borders
Your Interview Questions:
1. What inspires you to travel?
2. What is your New Year’s Resolution?
3. Who is your favorite travel blogger(s) and why?
4. Which place exceeded your expectations, or even changed your idea of a country?
5. Have you ever lived abroad? Where, and for how long?
6. Which belonging has been your biggest asset while traveling?
7. Do you have any travel advice for an inexperienced traveler?
8. What is a favorite, unique travel experience? Did you plan it, or did it just happen?
9. If you could spend 6 months cruising the oceans or spend 6 months in a land-locked country, which would you choose and why?
10. Where is your next ‘dream’ destination?